Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Basil Avocado Pesto

As a newbie in the world of vegan cooking and eating, I find myself relying pretty heavily on the blogosphere for recipes that look appetizing and straight forward. One of the websites I find myself cooking a lot from is Oh She Glows.

Tonight, I threw together Angela's recipe for kamut rotini in creamy basil sauce. It's delicious. Sauté an assortment of veggies, cook up your favourite pasta, make the sauce and you're good to go!


I made some substitutions to the her sauce... I like my pesto filled pumped with basil and not spicy.

Basil Avocado Pesto

(adapted from Oh She Glows)

Ingredients

2 cups packed basil
½ large avocado
2 tbsp chopped hazelnuts
2 tbsp water
3 tbsp olive oil
½ lemon, juiced
1 tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp freshly ground pepper


Directions

1. Place all ingredients in food processor and pulse until desired consistency.


How easy was that?

2 comments:

janet @ the taste space said...

Looks great! When I went vegan, I found a good cookbook was worth its weight in gold. It sounds like the dorkiest cookbook, but Radiant Health, Inner Wealth, definitely changed my life in the kitchen (I have posted a few of the recipes already on my blog).

Sweet And Crumby said...

So amazingly fresh and delicious looking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...