Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bento #2 and #3

Okay, I'm not going to lie. I think I used the wrong recipe for number two. The karaage (Japanese friend chicken) was oishiikunai. Not delicious at all. So I'm not going to bother posting that disaster. This bring us to bento #3:


Top layer: sake grilled shiitake, pickled daikon, miso marinated grilled chicken
Bottom layer: rice with wakame (not visible) and steamed broccoli

Not bad, huh? I was stuffed by the end of it!

Recipes after the jump.


Miso marinated chicken


mirin, soy sauce, sansho, miso, chicken breast
about 3 oz white miso
3 tbsp mirin
½ tsp soy sauce

1 lb chicken breast, cut into strips

sansho (Japanese pepper)

Mix first three ingredients in a shallow bowl until combined. Toss chicken with marinade. Let sit in fridge for 3 hours. I let it sit for 4, and it seemed okay!

Soak wooden skewers for 30 mins. Thread chicken strips onto skewers, and grill for about 4 minutes per side, sprinkle with sansho.

I just used a grill pan and prayed for the best. All things seems to have worked out okay.

Next post? Okonomiyaki!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...