Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Summer weather messes with my style

Now that the weather has cranked itself up to 30+ degrees, I find myself wishing I weren't in the kitchen. See, we don't have a/c, so the thought of cooking anything over the stove fills me with deep, deep sadness.

But, it does mean that I've brought back carrots and hummus into regular rotation in my daily menu. Ah, carrots and hummus. You're just not appropriate in January.

It was in this weather that I first experienced bentos in Japan. The heat and humidity reminds me of stepping off the plane in Tokyo and wondering what I'd got myself into. When my supervisor and my JTE (Japanese Teacher of English) showed up in Gifu city to pick me up, I'd removed my suit jacket because I was in sooo much discomfort.

I'm 99% sure they thought I was unprofessional for doing so!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...