Sunday, June 12, 2011

Jasmine Green Tea Lemonade

The always fabulous Lindsay, over at 100 Mile Locavores came up with this great little recipe as an inexpensive riff off of Starbucks Tazo Iced Tea Lemonade.

As soon as I read it, I had to try it. See, my cousin is getting married this summer, and I'm in charge of developing non-alcoholic drink recipes for the reception. Lindsay's recipe totally inspired me!


I love this recipe! It's so easy, and a great little number to keep in the fridge.

Jasmine Green Tea Lemonade

Ingredients

½ cup sugar (use demerara for an added depth of flavour if you have it lying around the house)
1 ½ cups water, divided
1 cup ice cubes
½ cup lemon juice (or lemon juice concentrate)
1 large pot jasmine green tea, brewed full strength

Directions

1. Make a simple syrup by mixing sugar and ½ cup water in a saucepan and heating just until sugar is melted. While sugar is dissolving, put remaining water, ice cubes and lemon juice into a pitcher. Pour in simple syrup.

2. Add in brewed tea until pitcher is full. Refrigerate until well chilled.


Now, you can also mix the green tea lemonade with some sparkling water for some fizz... or... you can do what I'm doing tonight and enjoying a mixture of 2/3 lemonade to 1/3 chilled fruity white wine. I'm using a muscat, and it's surprisingly delicious for an experiment that I threw together at the last minute!

Speaking of wine... have I introduced you to one of our favourite kitchen tools? No?

Lemme introduce you to Lola!


Yes, a wine stopper. She was a present from my mother-in-law, and is clearly so fabulous as to deserve a name.

I think the chips in the paint on her boob add a certain je ne sais quoi.

Anyone else have treasured kitsch in the kitchen?

2 comments:

Locavore Family said...

Thanks for the shout-out! Just got home from vacation and am now very excited to give your version a spin. Thanks! :)

P.S. I thought of you all through my ethno-graze as I purused the gorgeous rice and beans in St. Lawrence and just for you, I bought some flageolets. SO excited! :)

Sweet And Crumby said...

Love the wine topper! It's hysterical. Kitch in Kitchen? Trying to think...the only think really is a tiny little sign by my sink that reads,"If a messy kitchen is a sign of happiness, then mine is delirious!" :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...