Thursday, August 04, 2011

A few pictures from Kauai

I've been meaning to post as often as possible, to keep up a virtual travel journal, but wouldn't you know it? We're just too damned busy to post everyday. Anyway, today, we did a tour with Kauai Photo Tours - a hiking/walking/photography tour of the east and north shores of Kauai. It was fabulous. I got to play around with a DSLR for the first time and use a polarizer.

Anyway, here are some shots from the day:

Moloa'a Beach



Lighthouse and bird sanctuary


And we can't talk this blog without mentioning some ono grindz (that's pidgin for delicious noms) from a roadside stand.


Hello plate lunch! As usual, I wanted to try everything, so I got way too much. I made it through maybe 1/3 of the whole meal.


Two scoops rice, macaroni & taro salad (oishii!), lomi lomi salmon, kalua pork (best I've had yet), mochi taro cake, ti leaf wrapped chicken...


And let's not forget about the taro fields...


... and the joy of being able to stop to chow down on some strawberry guavas from the side of the road!


Have I mentioned lately how much I love being on these islands?

Next up: tomorrow we're hitting the Hyatt and Josselin's Tapas Bar (a meal I've been waiting for more than a year for).

2 comments:

katyclare said...

When you get back I want all the details and suggestions you have for Kauai. (Please!) I've never been to Kauai but have spent time on the big island, Oahu and Maui. George is in a wedding for his friend Matt in Honolulu and I'm determined to get us to Kauai afterwards. You seem like the Kauai expert. Would you mind sharing your expertise?

Thanks!
Katy

Alyson said...

I'll definitely give you the run down! When do you guys plan on being on the islands?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...