Monday, November 01, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

If I haven't mentioned how lucky I am to have the husband I do, let me be the first to say it: I'm very lucky. My neck has been in so much pain for the past 48 hours and it's been giving me a huge headache all weekend long. Phil knew I wanted to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and so stepped up to the kitchen aid to tackle it for me!

He's a handsome bloke, isn't he?
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

½ cup butter, softed
1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla
2½ cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
zest of one medium orange
1½ tsp cinnamon
1 1/8 tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp ginger
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350º.

Cream together butter and sugars, then beat in egg, pumpkin and vanilla.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips. Gradually add to wet ingredients in 3 additions. Stir in chocolate chips.

I love my man in the kitchen!

Drop batter by teaspoonfuls onto a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes. Cookies should be puffed and golden. They don't spread too much.


I really enjoy the puffiness of these cookies. If I still drank milk, I'd definitely want a glass of it with these!


And here's to the chef!

Aw, he's got a heart cookie!
Sickeningly sweet, huh?

1 comment:

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

My goodness, if I had a husband as lovely and handsome as that I'd buy him Chunky Kit-Kats every day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...