Saturday, November 06, 2010

A Recent Find

Many of you know that I collected Japanese pottery while I was living in Japan. Our area, Gifu, was pretty rich with the most amazing potters! So, when I came back to Canada with this new found love of all things clay, I was so disappointed in what the artisans here were doing (and still are). There's just something so clunky and generic about North American pottery.

I suppose that has something to do with Japanese notion of finding perfection in imperfections. I like that.

So, when I found Analogue Life one day, I nearly died from joy.

Plate by Yasko Ozeki (Seto)
Nanbu Iron Trivet
Bud Vase by Shoji Morinaga
Chopstick Rest by Masanori Oji
Nabe pot by Azmaya
Tea leaf box by Tatsuyu Aida
Nanbu Iron Bell
Ceramic Bottles by Sゝゝ
I don't even know what I'd do with this stuff. But I love it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...