Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Sushi Couture

So, Phil and I have a new sushi place we love: Sushi Couture. It's located almost at Bloor and Albany in the Annex.The fish is flown in daily, so the menu is always changing. Next time you're in Toronto, you need to check this place out.

Phil's chirasi sushi
Please note the gorgeous sashimi here. Really, just spectacular. I think the highlight was the lightly broiled butterfish and the salmon. Amazing.

I had the yaki-maki:

Yum.
Sushi Couture is, unfortunately, still awaiting its liquor license. I overhead the waiters talking about chu-his, so I'm hopeful that they'll be offering us those soon... of course, they were talking in Japanese, so I may be getting my wires crossed.

Make sure you order the yakinasu (grilled eggplant) as a starter. It's covered with a miso-negi sauce (green onion & miso) that's intense and delicious!

3 comments:

darlene mcleod said...

I think I need to visit Toronto again sometime soon. I haven't been in years, and that sushi alone might be reason enough to make the trip! That is be-a-u-tiful!

Adriane said...

Yumm! And thanks for the tip about the yakinasu... will be sure to order next time I go!

Alyson said...

Darlene, you definitely have to!

Ringy - I have you to thank for the original recommendation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...