Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Totally Retro Guilty Pleasure

For some people, Christmas is about mince tarts, gingerbread cookies and turkey. My family has a whole host of other traditions.

One of my favourites, that I only do at Christmas because it's SO insanely bad for you is my Crispix Snack Mix.

The recipe is from an ancient Canadian Living Holiday Cookbook... we're talking like 1985 or so here... so you might guess (and correctly) that I've been making it for a while!


Taco Snack Mix

Ingredients

3 cups Crispix
2 cups Cheerios
2 cups Hickory Sticks
1 cup unsalted cashews (you could use peanuts)
¼ cup melted butter
2 tbsp taco seasoning mix

Directions

Preheat oven to 350

Toss all ingredients together and place in 9" x 13" baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes, stirring every 10 or so until crispy.

Let cool in pan on rack.

Try not to eat it all in one go.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...