Monday, March 14, 2011

What NOT to do with bread pudding.

I think it's important to showcase my absolute failures. Cooking should be about embracing those failures, not pretending we all don't have them, you know? Blogs where people believe (erroneously or not) that they're the expert in their field... I'm just not interested. I'm interested in the effort and the experiments! And, judging from the number of hits my post about my failed macaroons, many of you feel the same way.

So, without further ado, I give you my most recent failure: panettone bread pudding.

In answer to the question I asked myself 24 hours ago: No, you shouldn't cook the custard before pouring it on top of the bread.


That way lies disaster. I don't know why I thought this would be a good idea. It really wasn't... and I knew it wouldn't be as soon as I poured the custard out of the pan onto the bread.


It glooped.

It doesn't absorb into the bread, and forms an eggy topping. Have I mentioned that my husband hates eggs?

But, in answer to my other question: Do make sandwiches with the bread and some marmalade first.

That way lies deliciousness. So... it was ultimately a good learning experience!


Anyone else have a recent kitchen disaster they want to share?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...