Monday, April 04, 2011

Rhubarb Red Wine Sprtizer

Ahhh, I love those first flavours of spring! As we transition into warmer temperatures, I find myself using the old Le Crueset less and less, and craving bright, vibrant flavours more and more.

One of the ingredients that excites me the most is rhubarb. I love its tart, tangy flavour. I only had about a cups worth of stalks though, so I decided to put it to use in a drink.

That's not wrong of me to do on a Monday morning, is it?

I imagine serving this drink to friends on a patio while we enjoy the daffodils. I use the word imagine because we have no outdoor space of our own. What I would do for a bit of earth!

It's still delicious served inside your kitchen while you dance around to Randy Bachman's Vinyl Tap.


Rhubarb Red Wine Spritzers

Ingredients

1 cup cut rhubarb stalks
2 heaping tbsp white sugar
juice of ½ lemon
½ tsp vanilla extract
1½ cups fruity red wine
1 cup club soda

Directions

1. In a small saucepan, combine rhubarb stalks, sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and let simmer until rhubarb is tender and falls apart. Add vanilla extract and puree.

2. In a non-reactive bowl, mix together rhubarb puree and red wine. Let sit on counter for 1-2 hours to let flavours meld together.

3. Halfway fill two glasses with ice cubes, divide wine-rhubarb mixture between the glasses and top with club soda as needed.

Serves two happy people.

1 comment:

Whisky bars in Singapore said...

These things have become easy and superfast. All at your fingertips

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...