Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sorry for the Hiatus!

The past long, sleepless 4 days, I've been out chaperoning a group of 51 students from my school on their trip to Ottawa and Montreal.

Was the trip long? Yes. Occasionally annoying? Absolutely.

Ultimately fun? Definitely. It was a great way to spend 4 work days!

Plus, I got to eat my way through this:


Poutine from Frites Alors! And yes, we've gone beyond cheese curd territory here. Sautéd onions, mushrooms and red pepper were thrown on top with some bacon. The above bowl is a small, and I could only finish half.

Sooooo good.

Two of the highlights for me of the trip (and that I can so you pictures of) were St. Joseph's Oratory and Notre Dame Basilica.

We had this great moment watching the sun set from the terrace of St. Joseph's and it was just magical. Children who had been bouncing off the walls suddenly stopped, sat and watched in awe.

View from the base of the oratory

Excuse the blurry pictures of inside the dome! I debated not posting it, but wanted to show you the height of the area. It's overwhelmingly huge.





Also, I got to see my first relic ever (the heart [!] of Brother André Bessette who was canonized last October), which was totally thrilling (and a little gross) for the medieval mystery novel reader in me.

Notre Dame is a totally different architectural experience.


Add caption


I just love touring churches. They're so beautiful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know those trips well. With my kiddo so little I don't have to go this year but next...

Wish I'd known you were in my neck of the woods. Lots of good places to see here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...