Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Strawberry-Rhubarb Mochi

Two weeks ago, I made a pretty awful rhubarb and custard ice cream.

Last night, Phil and I made a recipe that I've been waiting 4 months to make.

4 months.

Strawberry Rhubarb Mochi.

I couldn't wait.

They ended up looking like this:


So not pretty. Clearly, this is a recipe that needs some work, so I'm going to wait on posting it.

Tasted mostly okay though.


I feel definitely that something about the mochi itself (rather than the filling) was lacking. It had a quite bitter after taste - which I don't remember about the mochi I ate in Japan. Phil tells me it tastes exactly like he remembers it though, so I don't know if it's just my palate or what.

Like I said: a work in progress.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...