Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Winter Sangria

Last week, there was snow just north of us. Eek! I'm just not ready to see the flakes! So, here's a great drink that has the fun elements of summer (sangria) with the flavours of winter (cinnamon + allspice)

And I'm really sorry, we actually drank all of this before I had time to take a picture.

Which should tell you that it's great!

Winter Sangria

1 cup fresh orange juice (I used valencia)
1 orange, cut into 8 wedges
1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
1 cinnamon stick
2 whole allspice berries
¼ cup sugar
1/3 cup grand marnier
1 bottle fruity red wine (I bought a California cab that was pretty much bursting with berries)

Mix all ingredients in a pitcher and let sit in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours, but preferably 24.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...