Anyone who knows me can attest to my lack of enthusiasm about New Year's Eve. I just don't get the big deal about it! A ball drops, we're all supposed to wipe the slate clean and voila! We'll be better, fitter, happier people the next day.
2010 is summary point form:
1) This year marks the first full calendar year that I haven't been on a plane. Like, in my whole life. Since I hate flying, I'm relieved. Since I love travelling, I'm bummed.
2) I got to teach the same class (grade 8 English) two school years in a row!
3) Sugar, when at the hard crack stage, will cause blisters and scars if it comes in contact with skin. Lesson learned the hard way.
4) There are always umeboshi in my fridge.
5) Blogging is way more fun now than when I did it while living in Japan. Perhaps that's age speaking.
6) My camera comes with the ability to manually change focus.
7) Starbucks has a creme brulee latte that is my crack in a cup.
8) Good friends, near and far, make me insanely happy. The interweb really is a magical little thing, allowing us all to network like this!
2011 will bring (predictions, not resolutions):
1) attempts to detox after Christmas indulgence. I'll be focused until my birthday mid-January and then all willpower will go out the window when I'm confronted by creme brulee!
2) a July trip to Salt Spring island for my cousin's wedding! I get to be a bridesmaid, which I'm very excited about.
3) an August trip to Maui and Kauai (including our honeymoon!)
4) saving, saving, saving for a house
5) a concerted effort to eat more vegan meals (like 3-4 times a week)
6) buying more local produce (and, failing that, organic)
7) doing more of my marking in a timely fashion
8) hopefully my walking home from work 4 times a week (not literally all the way home, but getting off the subway 3k early and doing that each day)
Happy New Year everyone! Whatever it is you hope will happen in the next year of your life, I hope it comes true!