Friday, August 12, 2011

Talking Big

For some reason, I swore to my husband I would get through five full pineapples on this trip. I knew that I'd aimed high, but I figured if I used it in cooking (hence the last recipe posted below) it would work out. And if I was really struggling, I'd just pick up some baby pineapples.

It's the spirit of the bet, right?

There have been no baby pineapples. No baby pineapples! No shortcuts, just me and gigantic Maui Gold pineapples.

Sigh.

Hence, this:


You know that episode of the Simpsons where Homer eats the 64 slices of American cheese? I now have pineapple blindness. And I only got through a quarter pineapple in that sitting.

I think I have a full 3 pineapples left to go.

And we're leaving tomorrow.

This is not going to turn out well.

1 comment:

Locavore Family said...

Pineappleapalooza.

Have fun with that. I could totally go for some pineapple right now. Yum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...