Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Pineapple Cucumber Salsa

I've got a bottle of Wailua Wheat Beer sitting by me as I write this from the lanai of our condo at the Kahana Village on Maui. Isn't that how all days on the islands should end?

When we left Kauai today, both Phil and I were feeling kind of bummed. We've passed the halfway mark of our time here and *only* have 5 nights left before the long haul back to Toronto.

Wah. Wah. Wah.

I feel like a huge baby for admitting that. What I should be saying (and am saying now) is: we have five nights on Maui, and we're going to enjoy every minute of it. Driving along the highways here made me feel like we were home. We drove past Olowalu, where we got married almost 2 years ago (I waved at the site), picked up some frappuccinos from Bad Ass coffee and grabbed some groceries from Costco (GIGANTIC containers of mac nuts for everyone). I'm so happy right now, I could explode.

For dinner, I wanted something light and fresh. We picked up some opah from Costco. For those of you not in the know, opah is also known as moonfish, sunfish or kingfish.

And it's freaking huge.

We're grilling it up with some pineapple cucumber salsa I just whipped up.


Have I mentioned how happy I am right now?

Pineapple Cucumber Salsa for Fish




Ingredients

1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and chopped finely
1/2 English cucumber, finely chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1/2-1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (seeds and ribs removed if you're not into heat)
juice of 1/2 lime
1 green onion, minced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped

Directions

1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes to allow flavours to meld.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...